Massage is not just a luxurious treat to pamper yourself; (although this is a benefit) there are many other healthful reasons to get a massage on a regular basis, including the big one - stress.
Since stress can translate in different ways for different people, from aches and pains, to muscle tension, to both physical and emotional exhaustion, massage can actually help your body and mind de-stress, providing relief as well as, if not better than, medication for some of these ailments.
Because massage activates your bodies parasympathetic nervous system, it counteracts your bodies negative response to stress, relaxing muscle tension and allowing your heart rate, blood pressure, and circulation to return to normal. At the same time, massage can increase awareness of your body and where you hold tension.
What is de-stress massage?
At Healthy Harmony we offer clients either to sit or lie for the De-Stress Massage utilizing Swedish, Indian head massage techniques and Auricular Acupressure.
Swedish massage uses a variety of motions to decompress muscle tissue, release tension and break up muscular knots and long smooth, gliding strokes that are typically regarded as the most relaxing component.
Indian Head focuses on the cranium, shoulder and neck areas and is a known stress reliever. There are thin muscles on the scalp that can hold a great deal of tension.
Auricular Acupressure massaging the ear in the area corresponding to the central nervous system encourages the release of endorphins – the body’s natural stress-relieving hormones.
- Releases endorphins decreasing chronic pain
- Increasing circulation in your lymphatic system to strengthen your immune system
- Improve nerve function relaxing contracted muscles
- Promotes sleep
- Assists in lowering Blood pressure
- Alleviate symptoms of restless leg syndrome
- Improve your skin by increasing the uptake of vital skin-repairing nutrients and speed the removal of toxins.
- Prevents artery clogging deposits
- Alleviates anxiety, depression and addiction