Maternity Reflexology is a wonderful therapy that can be used safely during pregnancy, labour and post pregnancy.
It can be helpful for the following conditions:
* Constipation and Indigestion
* Odema/Water Retention
* Sciatica, SPD and Back Ache
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Sinusitis, Head Colds and Headaches
* Leads to better Sleep and more Energy Levels
* Decreases Stress Levels and Anxiety
Reflexology can help induce labour naturally. Prepares the body for labour by balancing the body's systems, especially the endocrine system which is responsible for the secretion of many important hormones.
When is reflexology not appropriate in pregnancy?
Even though Reflexology is mostly a safe therapy, some conditions are totally unsuitable for Reflexology during Pregnancy and they require immediate medical intervention:
* Placenta praevia
* Continuous vomiting
* Toxaemia: Pre-Eclampsia & Eclampsia
* DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Reflexology and Labour
Reflexology can be used during Labour with the following results:
* The length of labour can be very much reduced by having regular treatments in the weeks prior to your expectant delivery date
* Reflexology can be used during labour to help boost energy levels and aid muscle relaxation between contractions
* It can stimulate the production of natural endorphins during labour
* After birth Reflexology babies are very calm, suckle better and are less prone to colic.
After the birth of your baby, you may be feeling tired and a little overwhelmed with the responsibility of this new little bundle! You may benefit from a reflexology treatment at this very special but busy time. It can help with the following:
* Replace Energy Loss
* Aid Mother’s Milk Flow
* Post Natal Depression
* New Stresses & Anxieties
* Re-Energises the Body
* Helps Uterus Return to Original State